Trend Report: What Did West Students Wear?

Alyssa Calubayan '17, Styles and Trends Editor

If you didn’t know, Homecoming 2015  took place on Friday November 20th. Surprisingly,  there was a large amount of tickets sold and everyone showed at the door. People were dancing, eating, taking pictures at the photo booth, etc, etc. Overall, everyone agrees it was a pretty decent time.

“This last homecoming was great! It was actually so much fun,” smiled West senior Marley Lakernick.

Everyone walked through the cafeteria doors in their best attire.

What West Women Wore
Girls were spotted around in elegant or fitted dresses. It seemed to be a trend, almost every girl went to homecoming in a fitted or flowy short dress.

Nina Williams and Taylor Slack from class of 2019 were seen around the dance floor in a short elegant dress and a pencil skirt. Williams slayed in a red, fitted, two-piece outfit. Her top stringed from the center of her chest over her shoulders which complemented the fitted pencil skirt that reached above her knees. Taylor went for a more elegant look to the dance. She wore a dress with a bit of flow and a cinched waist, nicely patterned with gold lace. This matched with a black gem necklace and a pair of black heels.

Caresse Thatch wore a short, long sleeved, red dress with a pair of heels. Right next to her, a student wore a grey pencil skirt that complemented the black long sleeve top tucked in. Her outfit perfectly cinched at the waist. Another student danced in a loose black dress that had mesh over the shoulders.

Homecoming Court At Their Finest
“The court seemed quite dapper.”-Student from the Class of 2017

Homecoming kings and queens proudly went up to take their sashes after Dr. Morton announced the final nominees. Unfortunately, not every king or queen showed to claim their sash but those that did were the center of attention. For guys, it was kept plain and simple. Just a black polo shirt and some khakis. Others wore a bow tie and blazer with a collard work shirt. Most girls of the court came in classy and elegant. This was the perfect outfit to claim her throne.