The Brains Behind the Rampant Yearbook

Emily Connor '22, Staff Writer

The school year is nearing its end and West students have received their yearbooks to reflect upon their memories made. The Rampant Yearbook has been the cornerstone of Cherry Hill West culture for decades, with students creating the 63rd version this year. For the past 12 years, Mr. Ciavarella has run Yearbook Club at West. Every year he leads the staff as they compile ideas to create the year’s edition and start to plan ahead for the following year in May/June.  

I am the Editor-in-Chief of the Rampant Yearbook for the 2021-2022 school year, and as a senior, I felt the need to highlight the hard work that this club puts together to create a finished product for students to be able to reflect on the memories of high school. 

Pictured: Mr. Ciavarella, Zoe Etcubanas ‘24, & Rayven Collins ‘23 preparing for the 2023 edition

Cherry Hill West teams up with Josten’s Yearbooks to publish the books yearly. Staff members meet every Monday throughout the year to piece pages together to create a final result. At the end of the year, Jostens delivers the yearbooks, and it is rewarding for the club to see their hard work in a finished product. 

Pictured above is every yearbook in the history of Cherry Hill West, including editions from the days when West was named Delaware Township High School. These yearbooks are like time capsules, and every year consists of something different, allowing current students to look back on what once was. 

Mr. Ciavarella and the staff are excited to start next year’s edition of the Rampant to continue the legacy of encapsulating the West community. The Editor-in-Chief for the 2022-23 school year will be rising junior, Zoe Ectubanas ‘24.