A Bittersweet Goodbye: The Lion’s Roar Staff Bids Farewell to Senior, Emily Connor

Megan Pitt '23, Editor in Chief

Emily, we are so proud of you as you move on to your next chapter!

• The Lion’s Roar Staff

Megan Pitt ‘23, Editor-in-Chief: Emily, you are a fearlessly talented writer with the most generous soul. To know you is to know your kindness and your immense journalistic strength. It has been my pleasure to be your editor. I wish you all the best in the future; you will surely succeed! 
Jess Amabile ‘24, Co-Editor-in-Chief: Emily, we’ve known each other for a while. Both on and off the softball field, you’ve been someone I’ve admired- for your positive and outgoing attitude, kind smiles, as well as your talent.  You never give up and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.  Good luck after graduation, you’ll do great in whatever you choose to do! 
Hanna Porowski ‘23, Social Media Editor: Congrats on a great 4 years at West!! You have contributed amazing work to the Lions’ Roar and West Community. Keep working hard in all that you do. Good luck!!
Calvin Lymper ‘25, Staff Writer: Emily, thank you for four great years at West as both a student and young writer. You’ve done so much good for the school and you’ve been a huge part of this paper for the last 4 years! Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for both the school and the Lion’s Roar. Good luck in college and continue to be cool!
Jillian Shapiro ‘23, Staff Writer: Emily is great to work with and a super important part of the Lion’s Roar. I worked on a series of sports articles with her and she is very organized, helpful, and enjoyable to work with. She will be greatly missed when she graduates!
Ava Palmer ‘23, Staff Writer: Emily – I wish you the best of luck at SJU! I hope you enjoy college life and make the most out of it. Your kind spirit will definitely be missed next year at The Lion’s Roar. I hope you continue to write! 
Elaina McCollum ‘23, Staff Writer: Congratulations! Good luck next year!
Mia Zaris ‘23, Staff Writer: Congratulations, Emily! Good luck next year at SJU! 
Avery Mayer ‘23, Staff Writer: Congratulations! We’ll miss you! 
Beth Coffey, Adviser: Emily, it has been wonderful having you as a student in the classroom freshman year, in Student Government, and as a staff writer for the Lion’s Roar. You are a hard worker, friendly, and have been a consistent spark for the paper. I wish you the best of luck in whatever path you follow!
Tracy Cooper, Adviser: Thank you for all your hard work this year. You were consistently willing to cover stories when asked and came up with lots of excellent ideas of your own. The work you contributed to our paper made sure to highlight a variety of student accomplishments and activities, which is what community is all about. We will miss you and wish you all the best as you follow the path set before you.