Aspects Literary Magazine

Sean Tomasetto, Staff Writer

The Aspects Literary Magazine is a collection of poetry, short stories, artwork, photos and works of other mediums that are written and edited by students. The magazine takes submissions from all grades and encourages different styles and viewpoints relating to a different theme each year, the theme this year being ‘Holding On and Letting Go’.

The magazine hopes to promote artistic talent at school, and aims to collect submissions from a wide variety of mediums that fit the theme, and are aesthetically pleasing. Time is taken by the student editors to ensure quality and a wide range of material for the publication.

“The editors all have a say to what goes in.” Student editor Mady Engelman says. The magazine is almost completely student-made, with the editing, writing and layout all done by the student editors. The only thing that they don’t do is publish it. “We’re always looking for new editors,” Mady continues. “You don’t have to be an editor to submit, and we take anonymous submissions.” Mady hopes to create an open mic night/poetry slam in mid-April where students can also showcase their creativity.

Students are needed to help design the layout and other features of the magazine, and submissions are still being accepted. For anybody who wants to take part in editing the publication, or anybody interested in showing off their talent by submitting to the magazine, it is encouraged that you look into the Aspects Literary Magazine. For more information, email [email protected] or [email protected].