Community Service at West

Sara Cole '23, Staff Writer

The Community Service Club has certainly left a mark on Cherry Hill West High School and the community this year! The club has hosted many service opportunities that took place during the MLK week of service. During the week,there were sandwich-making, dog toy making, making kits for the homeless, card making, and even baking cookies to donate. During one of the events, the members of the Community Service Club also made sandwiches for the Cathedral Kitchen. Over 250 turkey and cheese sandwiches were donated! Throughout the year, the Community Service Club has hosted many other events and activities with the sole purpose of improving the school and the community. 

The work and service that the Community Service Club does is extremely valuable and helps to make our community a better place. The Community Service Club is consistently coming up with new acts of service and is constantly providing help with school activities and events. Look out for the events on morning  announcements, or even the Community Service Google Classroom (join using code sri3w4d). Soon there will be an Earth Day initiative, so look out for that! The time and effort that the Community Service Club puts in, is greatly appreciated by the school and the people or groups that the service acts are directly impacting. Mrs. Schneider would like to give a shout out to Skylar Murphy for taking on a leadership role to teach others how to make dog toys! 

Look out for the events on morning  announcements, or even the Community Service Google Classroom. Soon there will be an Earth Day initiative, so look out for that!

Mrs. Schneider said, “​​Leading community service is one of the most rewarding things I do at West and it absolutely exemplifies the West Way. We have students giving back and it is inspiring to work beside them!” 

Gandhi once said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world,” and the Community Service Club is definitely being that change and positively impacting the world around us.