Spirit Week at West: What to Wear

Alyssa Calubayan '17, Styles & Trends Editor

It is almost time for that special week that we have each year for homecoming, voting for homecoming king or queen, and most excitingly, it is almost time for spirit week!

“Everyone can’t wait for spirit week,” smiles a sophomore in student government. The theme is movies! Each grade has been assigned a genre: freshman are sports, sophomores are horror, juniors are action, and seniors are musicals. Traditionally, every day out of spirit week, students will dress up to show some school spirit. You may wonder how you should dress for this year’s spirit week. Here’s some advice:

Freshmen

Since sports is the theme, why not wear your favorite athletic team’s uniform or jersey? Better yet, to get into the spirit, West’s athletic wear.

Sophomores

Horror is the theme. An idea sophomores can use is wearing their favorite horror movies as costumes. Students can basically wear their halloween costumes, but make sure to leave out that witch costume for another day. This is horror!

Juniors

The class of 2017 should be action packed! Show some school spirit by looking like you’re about to beat everyone at spirit week. Maybe someone will be brave enough to show off by pulling off a James Bond outfit or wearing a ninja costume. We could all possibly wear superhero capes. Students could wear pop art t-shirts and wear superhero t-shirts. “I feel that superheroes kind of resemble the whole action theme.” says one West junior.

Seniors

Seniors can be extremely creative with the theme of musicals. Seniors can come to school dressed as the characters from “Grease” the musical. For “Grease”, students could pull off the retro look and  wear a leather jacket. Dig up your old “High School Musical” gear or find anything “High School Musical” to wear to school.